Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Apologies

Hi, everyone.

Well, I promised to post a writing exercise every day for the month of December. It only takes a few brain cells to notice that I only posted four.

Ummm....well, the holidays really got the best of me. I was pretty much off the grid, enjoying my family, my new Xbox, and all the extra time off. The other reason is a bit more embarrassing...I misplaced the paper with the Exercises written on them! The consequence of too much stuff going on in this modern age of ours, I guess. (Yeah, that's right, it's society's fault, not mine. ;-)

In any case, I've found the list of exercises, and will resume posting them.

In addition, January is National Novel Researching Month, where we attempt to conduct 50 hours of research in 31 days. As noted in previous blog entries, I'm researching the period of 1900-1910, in anticipation of writing my first novel of a planned 10-book fictionalized series on the history of the Mob in America. I'm on track so far, having put in 5.3 hours of research in the first 3 days of the month. Learning a lot of real interesting stuff. If you're interested in joining us, hit the link above, click on "Usergroups", select NaNoReMo and "Join."

Write on, and Happy New Year!