Monday, December 06, 2004

Word Play with Dennis Hopper

A few days ago I was flipping through a book and came across this Dennis Hopper quote (presumably a line from a movie; can you tell me which one?):

"Just because it happened to you, doesn't mean it's interesting."

That's a great quote. I love it. It's a good one for drama queens. And as this line has tumbled around in the clothes dryer of my brain, some fun and interesting derivatives have fallen out (lost socks found!):

For braggarts: "Just because it's interesting, doesn't mean it happened to you."

For conspiracy theorists: "Just because it's interesting to you, doesn't mean it happened."

For divorcees: "Just because it happened, doesn't mean it's interesting to you."

And the short form for journalists: "Just because it happened, doesn't mean it's interesting."

I could go on, but I already see that I have too much time on my hands...(Do you have any?)